What is Going On Here?

This blog is a space for me to store project notes, photos, data, and ideas. Some ideas will be silly, many of the notes will be poorly organized. Hopefully it will improve with practice.


My goal here is to allow for as wide a range of sounds as possible with a spinet TWG. I intend to build a system that offers significant per-pitch tone control with FPGA-based digital signal processing. Overall system DSP should enable a wide range of effects and further tone-shaping capability. 


I have removed most of the extraneous portion of this organ. The cabinet is being repurposed as a table for a small milling machine, the drum machine is off to the side for a later project (that's for you, Taylor), and the rest of the horseshit VLSI circuit boards and wiring is in the damn trash. Someone salvaged the two keyboards, good for them, and I'm going to keep the two transformers and spring reverb tank. All that's left are the motor, the TWG, and the vibrato scanner (scanner may get trashed or salvaged). My next move is to remove the lovingly pitch-matched resonant filters from the TWG, and keep them for either posterity, another project, use in this project as an optional analog filter section, or because I'm a fucking hoarder.


I will then have access to the raw TWG sound. I will shape the sound. I will become the sound. I will become tired of the sound. 


Come back and visit, leave a comment.

Comments